Rambles

So my brain is always churning and I think of a million things at once. 

Often, I am asked how do I do the things I do. 

Ambition.
There is some self-gratification in feeling that I have accomplished a goal, but I have ambition that is in me and I cannot shrink it. 
I've always aimed to be a better me. I remember having this mentality as a child. No one ever said I had to aim high, I just wanted to. That sounds weird. To some, it may sound arrogant....a bit of a foundation for narcissism. It's fact though. 

When you come from having very little, but the necessities, you appreciate more. You aim for more. Not, necessarily materialistic things, but more in life. Your values are different. Everyone doesn't fall into this category, just some. People see the end product without knowing the road is winding, curvy, bumpy, wet, with serious roadblocks at times. People see the smile and not know that it hides the stress, tears, frustration, fear in finding a path that is different than that laid in front of them. Ambition gets you far, but it's not easy. You have to work. 

Sometimes, it is like the Nike slogan....just do it. Life isn't that easy though. Sometimes, you do...pause, side-step, and hesitate to completely do it. There is no time-frame. Life happens. 
This was a ramble today.


Brain purging


Comments

Popular Posts