It Could All Be Simple

I was actually thinking of some Lauryn Hill song lyrics when I titled this blog. I think I mutter that line several times a week about instances that occur. Often it could all be so simple, but we rather make it hard. 

I haven't quite figured out why. I think because sometimes we want to ask why. Sometimes we have inner conflict that arises to the surface. Sometimes the simple way seems too simple, and some of us like difficult things? I'm shrugging my shoulder after that one. I'm focusing on keeping it simple.

How do I keep it simple?
Be in the present. I can't focus too far in the past or present because that makes it become not simple lol. 

Laugh. Don't overthink things. Focus on the most important things only. There are a lot of distractions. God is important. I'm important. My kids are important. Family is important. Everyone else earns their important spot in my life. See, keep it simple. 

Do not expend unnecessary energy into wasteful things. That includes wasteful projects, wasteful people. Keep it simple. 

Ask if it makes you happy? Does it grow you? Does it serve a meaningful purpose? Will it create a positive outcome? Keep it simple, for real. If it is negative, remove it. 

That's all for now. 


Just thinking. 

I am Jackie. 

Comments

Popular Posts