The Secrets of the Highly Emotive

So, I'm a thinker. Often, my brain wanders into places that I just have not control over. I like to think that I tend to rationalize more than respond in an emotional manner to things. It's true, mostly. That means I will think before I do everything...I think during things....I think after things. I think a lot. 

Does that mean I lack emotions? No, quite the opposite. Let me introduce you to the world of the highly and selective emotive. Now, what exactly does that mean? I'm sure there is some kind of medical diagnosis or scientific study that goes along to define these better, but I did not do any research. How I've come to define this is that I do not like to waste emotions. What I feel is authentic and so intensely true, I hate to waste emotions. For example, if I am sad, I am really sad. Not to the point where I cannot function, but I'll shed the tears, deal with the sadness in the moment and let it pass. When I'm angry, it's real anger. Love is authentic and true love. There is no gray area. That means I may come off as guarded, distant, when in actuality I am studying. I'm being observant. I'm watching actions to see if they align with words. I will rationalize the steps being made. I like to describe it as living at a surface-level of emotions until it is worth going to that deeper level...which is rare. Not many people earn the privilege of going on the journey there. 

A lot of people can't handle the highly emotive person. Overall, I like to think I am the life of a party. Fun and easy going. Those fun, emotions are easy to deal with because they usually have good responses. There isn't a negative to being happy. There usually isn't a negative to laughter....unless it's in an inappropriate place. Ha! As a highly emotive person, it takes patience in dealing with my emotions....that's if I even allow it. Basically, everyone isn't able. No, we don't require psychological analysis under most circumstances as we are usually very aware. Shoot, half the time I need distance to process my own emotions, followed by some occasional coddling as I'm drowning in processing my own emotions. A hot mess, right? 

I think about my emotions because my emotions are so real. 

Brain purging

Comments

Popular Posts