Date? Tinderize? What?

Holy Dating World

Wait a minute...
So, why was I not warned about the changing times and field of dating? No, I'm serious. 

No one told me that technology has totally fucked the  whole dating experience up. I didn't know that smart phones, social media, drones, robots and things of that nature have taken over how I will meet the next person I decide to possibly get into a serious relationship with. Like what the fuck! I'm sorry, wtf!

I have been subjected to abbreviated words via text messages...I don't think phone conversations exist. The evolution of technology from when I met my ex-husband 10 years ago has progress beyond what I would have imagined and I met him online, ha! Now I have apps on my phone, websites that cater to specific things I may or may not be looking for.....the options! Geesh!

Tinder! I didn't even know Beyonce was probably talking about this when she was sing "to the left, to the left." Or, did I just make that up? It totally fits. Point is this. This app has fed into my and the world's superficiality. Ugly, to the left.....handsome to the right. Oh, let's just skip those other details....like height, job, crazy, crazy baby mommas or ex-wives, or mental instability...yeah, minor stuff like that. Hey, you look good? Swipe right! No one told me how sexualized everyone is! What I should have been told is with 8/10 right swipes you will also get a bonus dick pic! Yes! Dick pics galore! I mean, how else to get the attention of the girl of your dreams? Insert dick pic. Never mind the fact I work in healthcare, how about urology? Um, yeah, I just may have seen a penis or 500....not easily impressed. So, I figured it's because Tinder is free....you get what you pay for. 20% not freaky creeps.
So, pay for something, get better results. FYI....even if you pay, the same exists....they are just usually professionals that have probably thought the same thing I did. If you pay, better selection. They are all nasty....ok, maybe some in a good way. A lot, NO!
You definitely have to learn to navigate the dating scene to not fall into traps and be safe. I mean, online or off-line, safety is important. Google searching people is real. Public meeting, is real. Basically, becoming your own version of the CIA is necessary. 
To find something meaningful is going to be a challenge it seems. The human factor has been removed so much. We can put up our best pictures, when we were skinny, photo-shopped, and younger. We can omit information. We can text and message back and forth to the point where we sit face to face and not know what to do. It seems this dating thing will prove to be interesting. As a topic to discuss and navigate. Good thing I'm not rushing to find a crazy person.

To be continued.....


Brain purging 

Comments

Popular Posts